Terms of Service
* You may not use our service to do anything illegal. We provide privacy protection to individuals who wish to use our service in a lawful manner. If you plan to do something illegal, look elsewhere. ExpressVPN.com is not for you.
* You may NOT send spam or distribute copyright-protected material through our network. We may cancel your account if that happens (ie: the movie/music industry contacts us with a complaint).
* 30-day Money Back Guarantee: You can request a full refund for any reason within 30 days of signing up for our service. This applies to all service packages.
* Recurring billing: All plans renew automatically at the completion of the billing term (1 month, 6 months or 1 year). The renewal term is by default for the same duration as the billing term for the original subscription. The subscription fee will be charged automatically to the payment method you have on file. If you would like to turn off the automatic renewal, you may send us an email to support at ExpressVPN dot zendesk dot com indicating your intention to do so, or you may login at ExpressVPN and select to turn off auto-billing. If you do not renew manually prior to the expiration date, your subscription to ExpressVPN will no longer be active once the billing term is completed.
* We are a US company, and this agreement is governed by US law.
* You may NOT share a VPN account with other people. One person per account. You can purchase additional accounts by logging into our website and share those with 1 person each.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
As a provider of online-enabled services, we require users to provide contact information, such as their name and e-mail address, credit card, as well as other necessary data, dependent upon the service, to set up and maintain their services with ExpressVPN.com. We use customer contact information to send customers information about our company and its products and services. We will never resell or provide your information to a third party unless we are required to do so in order to conform with a legal requirement, comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of ExpressVPN.com, enforce this online agreement, or act to protect the interests of our customers.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All data is protected using the most advanced methods available.
In addition to the information you provide through our order-form, we may store the following pieces of data: IP address, times when connected to our service, and the total amount of data transfered per day. We store this to be able to deliver the best possible network experience to you. We keep this information secure and private.
If we receive complaints regarding copyrighted materials such as music and movies being shared over our network, we may filter traffic to see which account is sending it, and then cancel that account.
We do not as a matter of ordinary practice store private information about individual user activities on our network, such as emails, chats, VOIP calls, websites visited, etc. However, we are required to comply with any valid legal requests from US law enforcement officials.
Our software may send diagnostic data to a 3rd party analytics provider for the purpose of identifying connection errors and possible bugs in our application. The information collected is completely generic in nature and does not contain network data or any personally identifying information.
The Agreement that governs your Use of the Service include these Terms and Conditions ("T's&C's"), any ExpressVPN Service Agreement you have agreed to, and the specific Rate Plan or Service Plan Information that applies to your account. THESE T'S&C'S SUPERSEDE ALL EARLIER VERSIONS.
Your activation and use of the Service represents your agreement to be bound by these T's&C's and a representation you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or a bona-fide corporate representative, and that the registration information provided is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
Usage PoliciesAccount Holder agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with their use of this service. Account Holder further agrees that they or anyone using their account will not engage in any of the following activities:
- Sending or transmitting unsolicited advertisements or content ("spam") over the Service, whether via e-mail, usenet, or any other communication channel.
- Sending or transmitting any illegal (as defined by US laws) content over the Service, whether via e-mail, Usenet, or any other communication channel including without limitation child pornography.
- Uploading, downloading, posting, reproducing, or distribution of any content protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, without first having obtained permission of the copyright owner.
- Engaging in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other Account Holder from using or enjoying the Service.
- Attempting to access, probe, or connect to computing devices without proper authorization.
- Posting to or transmitting through the Service any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law.
- Using the Service for anything other than lawful purposes.Violations of this Usage Policy will result in termination of your Account, without any refund of amounts previously paid for this service. Additionally, Account Holder will be held responsible for any and all damages incurred by ExpressVPN including any amounts charged by any outside entity due to said violation(s) including without limitation attorney fees and costs.
Content Disclaimer: Cautions and RestrictionsWe do not control, nor are we responsible for any data, content, services, or products (including software) that you access, download, receive or buy while using the Service. We may, but do not have any obligation to block information, transmissions or access to certain information, services, products or domains to protect the Service, our network, the public or our users. We are not a publisher of third-party content accessed through the Service and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness or delivery of any opinions, advice, statements, messages, services, graphics, data or any other information provided to or by third parties as accessible through the Service. You are responsible for paying all fees and charges of any third party vendors whose sites, products or services you access, buy or use via the Service. If you choose to use the Service to access web sites, services or content, or purchase products from third parties, your personal information may be available to the third-party provider. How third parties handle and use your personal information related to their sites and services is governed by their security, privacy and other policies (if any) and not ours. We have no responsibility for third party provider policies, or their or your compliance with them. If you elect to download into your computer or otherwise enable any software, including any "client" designed to facilitate your access of the Service, you shall be solely responsible for, and shall be deemed to have reviewed and, to the extent applicable, acknowledged, accepted or waived, any disclosures, notices or options otherwise made available to you for viewing as part of the installation process for the Service.
Service AvailabilityActual service coverage, speeds, locations and quality may vary. ExpressVPN will attempt to make the Service available at all times. However, the Service may be subject to unavailability for a variety of factors beyond our control including emergencies, third party service failures, transmission, equipment or network problems or limitations, interference, signal strength, and may be interrupted, refused, limited or curtailed. We are not responsible for data, messages or pages lost, not delivered, delayed or misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the Service or communications services or networks. We may impose usage or Service limits, suspend Service, or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion to protect users or the Service. The accuracy and timeliness of data received is not guaranteed; delays or omissions may occur.
Moneyback GuaranteeAccount Holders may cancel their account with full refund within the first 30 calendar days after purchase. Full refunds will only be issued to Account Holders who voluntarily cancel their service within this first 30 days after purchase. Please note that refunds are issued to Account Holders only upon request. Refunds beyond the 30 day purchase window will be considered only if Account Holders can demonstrate that the Service was not available or usable during the subsciption period and that reasonable attempts were made to contact ExpressVPN to resolve the issue. In this case, ExpressVPN may consider to provide the Account Holder with a pro-rata refund of service fees paid. If an Account Holder is terminated for violation of the terms of these T's&C's there will not be any refund of any remaining account balance.
Account PoliciesAccount Holder is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her security credentials, and/or passwords (if any) and is liable for any harm resulting from disclosing or allowing disclosure of any password or sharing of security credentials. In the event of a breach of security, Account Holder will remain liable for any unauthorized use of the Service until Account Holder notifies ExpressVPN. Concurrent or simultaneous logins from the same account are prohibited.
ExpressVPN RightsExpressVPN does not and will not actively monitor user sessions for inappropriate behavior, nor do we maintain direct logs of any customer's Internet activities. However, ExpressVPN reserves the right to investigate matters we consider to be illegal or violations of these T's&C's. We may, but are not obligated to, in our sole discretion, and without notice, remove, block, filter or restrict by any means any materials or information (including but not limited to e-mails) that we consider to be actual or potential violations of the restrictions set forth in these T&C's, and any other activities that may subject ExpressVPN, or its customers, to liability. ExpressVPN disclaims any and all liability for any failure on its part to prevent such materials or information from being transmitted over the Service and/or into your computing device.
ExpressVPN will never intentionally disclose any private electronic communication or personal customer information unless required to by US law enforcement personnel acting in compliance with US laws.
ExpressVPN reserves the right to terminate an account immediately for violating any part of this agreement.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of WarrantyACCOUNT HOLDER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT ACCOUNT HOLDER'S SOLE RISK. NEITHER EXPRESSVPN, ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, LICENSORS OR THE LIKE, WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE. NEITHER EXPRESSVPN NOR ANY OF ITS INDEPENDENT NETWORK SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF EXPRESSVPN, OR ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, THIRD- PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS OR LICENSORS, FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, EITHER JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY, EXCEED THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID BY ACCOUNT HOLDER TO EXPRESSVPN IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE CLAIMED INJURY OR DAMAGE.
The Agreement between the parties shall be governed by the Laws of the State of Delaware.
All trademarks appearing on the service are trademarks of their respective owners.