How to activate VPN App
Occasionally, when you try to activate your ExpressVPN account, you may receive the following message:
Sorry, we ran into an error trying to configure your account on this computer.
Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you have the correct date and time set on your computer.
For Windows, please do the following:
- Disable your antivirus and firewall before activating, including Windows Defender.
- Pause Kaspersky antivirus if you are using it.
- Restart your computer and then try again to activate the account.
For Mac OS, do the following:
- Open a Terminal console (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
- Run the following command:
sudo chown [username] ~/Library/Application\ Support/ExpressVPN/
where [username] is your username on the Mac.
- When prompted for your admin/sudo password, enter your login password to the computer (you won't see anything while typing, but it's there).
- When the command is executed with no errors, close the Terminal.
- Start ExpressVPN and try again to activate the account.