Unable to Activate the ExpressVPN App
Occasionally, when you try to activate your ExpressVPN account, you may receive the following message:
Sorry, we ran into an error trying to configure your account on this computer.
In this case, for Windows, please restart your computer and then try again to activate the account.
For Mac OS, do the following:
- Open a Terminal console (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
- Run the following command:
sudo chown [username] ~/Library/Application\ Support/ExpressVPN/
where [username] is your username on the Mac.
- When prompted for your admin/sudo password, enter your login password to the computer (you won't see anything while typing, but it's there).
- When the command is executed with no errors, close the Terminal.
- Start ExpressVPN and try again to activate the account.