To use our apps and configurations, please sign up for an ExpressVPN account first.
If you cannot use the ExpressVPN app on your Android device, you can manually setup a VPN connection in your Android settings
- To set up ExpressVPN manually, you will first need to obtain your ExpressVPN credentials for the manual configuration.Open the Welcome Email you received when you signed up for ExpressVPN. Click the link in the email.
If you can’t find the link, log in to our website.
Once you’ve clicked the link in the welcome email or logged in to the website, click on Set Up ExpressVPN on the Active Subscriptions page.
- Click on the the section called Manual Configuration (PPTP and L2TP-IPSec). You will find:
- the IPSec pre-shared key
- your username
- your password
- a list of server addresses around the world
Keep this browser window open. You will need this information for the setup.
- Settings > More… under Wireless & Networks
- VPN > Tap the + on the top right corner
- Name: Type any name that will help you recognize your VPN connection. We recommend you type in the location name of the server address you will use later. For example: ExpressVPN LAType: L2TP/IPSec PSK
Server address: Type one of the server addresses we provided you with (see Step 2)
L2TP Secret: (Leave blank)
IPSec identifier: (Leave blank)
IPSec pre-shared key: 12345678
DNS search domains: (Leave blank)
DNS servers (e.g.188.8.131.52): (Leave blank)
Tap Save once you are done!
- Tap the VPN profile you just made. Type your Username and Password from Step 2. Make sure Save account information is ticked
- Congratulations! You should now be connected to our VPN services! Tap and hold the VPN profile to make sure the connection is working
Go to your VPN profile page (see above for instructions). Tap and hold your existing VPN profile.
Tap Delete Profile.