Empty list of locations
If the ExpressVPN application is missing the list of our server locations, for Windows follow the instructions below. There's also a Mac OS solution.
- Close or quit ExpressVPN if it's open.
Open My Computer and browse to this directory:
On Vista or Windows 7:
On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\
- On Vista or Windows 7:
- Inside the ExpressVPN folder, please delete the file named: "elc" or "elc.dat"
- Re-launch ExpressVPN and wait for the server list to get updated.
Should the server list still won't load correctly (even after deleting the elc file), please delete all the contents of the ExpressVPN folder, then re-launch ExpressVPN and try activating the software anew.
Note: The AppData or Application Data folder is hidden by default, so if you can't find the folder, then do the following first to unhide your hidden folders:
On Windows 7 or Vista:
1. Click Start button, type in (without the quotes) "Folder Options" on the Search programs and files box and hit Enter. The Folder Options window should appear.
2. Click View tab, and under Advance Settings, Click Show hidden files, folders and drives.
3. Click Apply and Ok to save the settings.
4. Try locating the AppData or Application Data folder again under your user account folder.
On Windows XP:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Under the menu options, click on Tools
3. Click "Folder Options..."
4. Under Folder Options, click on the "View" tab.
5. Under Advanced Settings:, find the "Hidden files and folders" option.
6. Select "Show hidden files and folders" and click OK.
7. Try locating the AppData or Application Data folder again under your user account folder.